Friday, May 15, 2015

Now with actual comments

I think I fixed the setting so you don't have to jump through hoops to leave a comment!  So leave me a comment so we can see if it works!

Still working on pigs.  I weighed the knitted "skin" of a pig yesterday, 2 grams.  I have 27 grams of yarn left, and 11 pigs already made from that skein, so I can get 24 pigs from a $7.99 skein of yarn for my friend to sell at her farm.  I'll donate them to her (or perhaps trade for lamb and pork) and she can set her own price, because I have no idea what a 1-1/2" knitted pig goes for when your child is begging for it.

Working on a "dragon tamer" hat from the Lion Brand website - I think it's even cuter because of the little model wearing it.  It's mostly stockinette, so good for when I want to pay attention to what's on the TV, but a little boring.  I found a pattern for a quick scarf in super bulky yarn, but I think instead of buying super bulky yarn I'll just hold some strands of Wool-Ease Thick and Quick together and use the largest needles I can find from the Yarnworks bag.  But I'm going to make myself finish something first.  I started another alligator and rooted around for yarn, finding plenty of wool I had forgotten about.  I have the "new cow" problem - when you're breeding cattle, the bull gets bored of the same old cow, but bring him a new one and he's ready to go again.  That's how I am with patterns, but no genitalia are involved.

2 comments:

  1. Pigs are adorable! Any pattern for turtles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any, but I'm sure there are many on Ravelry! They will most likely be crochet.

    ReplyDelete