Saturday, February 11, 2017

Yarnbombing 2017

Done!  Many thanks to all the people on the team who contributed pieces, and to Jean and Kathy for helping to install them all.  I started the day with a haircut and a fever (controlled by ibuprofen), then ignored all the little hairs stuck in my shirt and headed to the library.  As soon as this is done, I'm throwing everything in the wash to end my itchy torture.

Here's most of what we installed.  A few of these are from 2011, when I last did this, but I brought in adhesive hooks to lift them up from the floor, where they had sagged over time.



This is Jean's fishnet, with little paper fishies inside.  Cute!



There are 4 of these strings of hearts scattered around.





A few degrees colder and I wouldn't have been able to do this.












People who were coming in to the library as I sewed the rail covers in place mostly stopped to say, "Is that a hand warmer?"  I described it to a few people as "decorative vandalism".

Now to get un-itchy and indulge in some more ibuprofen.

1 comment: